In India today, millions of people traveling in the train. For travel in the travel, Train Ticked is required to visit. To get train ticket, embark in long lines and for which he would have to wait, But your work will be very simple and easy, If you could only book from your mobile phone. Today, in this article, you will getting the detail about how can I book a train ticket by mobile phone. Smartphone required, no application and without internet connection. To access all of services on mobile, Register at IRCTC.
Yes, as I told above, you may book railway e-ticket on mobile with a simply process. To book a train ticket, you have to follow some simply steps / instructions, which is mentioned in this page. Today, you will know here, how to book IRCTC Tickets via mobile, through USSD, through SMS, through BSNL or other services. All the services of book a train ticket on mobile, offered IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited). Now read below How to Book a Railway e-Ticket On Mobile without internet connection.
Book Railway e-Ticket now on mobile :-
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) starts first time a non-internet based ticketing system that will empower masses even in remote areas to use the omnipresent mobile device to make reservations.
Millions of travelers can now use their mobile phones to book tickets in a simply, convenient and secured manner. It uses simple SMS or menu-based USSD Technology which works on all mobile phones and involves no internet and costs very little. The services can be availed by IRCTC registered users only.
Advantages of booking Book Railway e-Tickets via mobile :
- No need to stand in long queues or log onto the internet.
- Simple, reliable and secure.
- Accessible to any mobile user.
- Very little charges for accessing the services.
- Works on all handsets.
- Simple user guided menu – book tickets, search for stations, trains, availability.
How to Book Railway e-Ticket through USSD ?
- Register for Airtel money by dialing *400#
- Load cash on this or recharge from any Airtel money outlet.
- Dial *400# and select book tickets option
- Select reservation
- Enter your IRCTC User ID
- Enter the details of ticket (Station, Train No., Date of Journey, Class etc.)
- Enter mPIN for authorizing payment.
- Booking confirmation SMS is sent by IRCTC and Same can be used During journey along with valid ID Proof
- Fare & IRCTC services charges are debited from your Airtel money account.
- Charges : No PG Charges
- Agent / IRCTC Services Charges : As Applicable
HELPLINE NO. : 121
HELPLINE E-MAIL : [email protected]
How Can I Book Railway e-Ticket through SMS ?
To book a ticket via single SMS, follow these steps, given under :-
1. SMS Based Booking Railway e-Ticket Through 139* :
- Register your mobile number with IRCTC as well as with your bank.
- Bank provides MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) & OTP (One Time Password) for authorization of payment. (More than 25 banks are providing this facility. For details, visit website : http://www.npci.org.in/bankmember.aspx.)
Booking Flow :
- Send SMS, in the following syntax, to 139 Book <TrainNo><FromStn.Code><ToStnCode><TravelDate> <DDMM> <Class> <Passenger-Name><Age><M/F>
- After type and send these detail correctly, you will receiving a Transaction ID along with other details.
- Make payment through sending an SMS, in the following syntax, to 139.
- PAY <Transaction ID as received> <IMPS> <Your MMID as received from the bank> <OTP, your one time password received from this transaction> <IRCTC UserID> and your ticket is booked.
- Service is availed to all mobile subscribers.
- SMSes @ Rs. 3/- per SMS (2 SMSes are required for each booking).
- PG Charges Rs. 5/- for ticket amount <Rs. 5000/ and Rs. 10/- for ticket amount > Rs. 5000/- (as applicable by bank).
- Agent/IRCTC Services Charges : As Applicable
- Helpline No. : 139
- Helpline E-mail : [email protected]
2. SMS based booking Railway e-Ticket through 5676714* :-
- Register your mobile number with IRCTC as well as with m-wallet (http://www.zipcash.in/user/nlogin.aspx).
- Send SMS, to 5676714, in the following syntax START <irctc user id> for user authentication (first time only).
Booking Flow :-
- Send an SMS to 5676714 to book a ticket in the following syntax : BOOK <From stn.code>, <to stn.code>, <DDMMYY>, <Training>, <Class>, <Passenger name>, <age>, <M/F>
- You will receive the Transaction number
- Send the 2nd SMS, for payment, in the following syntax.
- “Pay <Transaction No>, MPAY, <m-PIN>* for authorizing payment through MPAY
- “PAY <mobileno>, <mmid>, <amount>, <transaction id>, <OTP> “ for authorizing payment through IMPS.
- After payment is made booking confirmation is sent to your mobile.
- Charges : No PG Charges. Agent/IRCTC Service
Charges : As applicable. [email protected] Rs. 3/- per SMS (2 SMSes are required for each booking).
- Helpline No. : 8882001001
- Helpline E-Mail : [email protected].
3. SMS based booking Booking Railway e-Ticket through BSNL* :-
User should have the following :
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC)
- BSNL SIM Card Installed.
- Java enabled mobile phone.
- Andhra Bank Prepaid Card
This is a menu driven application where user has to enter the details asked for in simple step-by-step process to get the ticket.
How to Register ?
1. Install the application.
2. Select the register option to get the mPIN
1. Click the Icon BSNL Prepaid Card
2. Select Ticketing > Train (IRCTC)
3. Fill up the journey details such as From Stn, Train NO, DOJ, Class, Quota, Passenger details.
4. Enter the mPIN to get the ticket information.
5. Charges : No PG Charges, Agent/IRCTC Services
6. Charges : As Applicable, SMSes without charges.
Helpline No. : 040-39849644.
Helpline E-Mail : [email protected].
Indian Railway Catering And Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC), the Hospitality people, has spread its wings in Institutional and office catering all over India. Its State-of-the-Art Central Kitchen (Food Factory), in Noida with a capacity of producing 25,000 meals a day catering to the Corporate Sector. Moving out of its core business of catering. IRCTC has now diversified into areas like – Air Ticketing, Corporate Travel Services and Facility Management amongst various other ventures. No one can match with IRCTC when it comes to Tourism… products ranging from the Budget tourist train, the Bharat Darshan to the super luxury tourist train, the Maharajas’ Express…each getting more and more popular with each of its trips.
These speak volumes about the quality of tourism products that IRCTC has in offer. E-Ticketing through IRCTC website, www.irctc.co.in, has revolutionized thr way the common man deals with the railways and has been the biggest success story of e-governance in India. Taking this further, keeping an eye on growing mobile phone market in India, IRCTC now launched two other modes of ticket booking through SMS and USSD…and you don’t need an Internet connection in your mobile phone for this.
So remember, next time you book railway e-ticket, take out your mobile. The services will not be available between 08:00-12.00 hrs. However, the ticket can still be booked using mobile through IRCTC main site : www.irctc.co.in.
IRCTC Contact Detail :
Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited
(A Govt. of India Enterprises – Mini Ratna)
Regd. & Corporate Office : 09th Floor, Bank of Baroda Building
16, Parliament Street, New Delhi – 110001
Phone : 011-23311263, Fax : 011-23311259,
Conclusion : To register yourself at IRCTC and Book Railway e-Ticket, use always your permanent mail id and mobile number to access all services without any disturbance.