Table of Contents
- Why GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)?
- GATE 2018 Registration: Instructions For GATE Entrance Exam 2018:-
- GATE 2018: Important Dates For GATE Entrance Examination:-
- GATE Entrance Exam 2018: Eligibility Criteria For GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2018 (No age limit):-
- GATE Entrance Exam 2018: Documents Required in Support of Eligibility (Eligibility Documents)
- GATE Papers: List of GATE Exam 2018 Papers and Corresponding Codes
- GATE 2018 Examination Cities: Zone-Wise Examination Cities List For GATE Entrance Test 2018:-
- Choice Of Examination City For Engineering Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) 2018:
- GATE 2018 Registration: Follow These Steps To Complete Your GATE Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form:-
- GATE 2018 Application Fee
- GATE 2018: Download GATE Entrance Exam Admit Card 2018:-
- GATE Question Papers 2018: Check GATE Entrance Exam 2018 Question Pattern, Design of Questions, Marking Scheme Details:
- Share this:
- Like this:
GATE Entrance Exam 2018: This year, most awaited GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2018 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IITG) Guwahati. Earlier, IIT Guwahati conducted gate entrance exam in 2010. The basic purpose of conducting the Gate 2018 Entrance Examination for “Admission to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Ph.D.) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/ Assistantships in Engineering / Technology/ Architecture/ Science, who qualified the test”. GATE Entrance Examination 2018 scheduled on different dates of Month of February 2018, on 03rd, 04th, 10th and 11th. If you want to apply, fill GATE 2018 Online Application before the last date.
Why GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)?
Everybody, who is going to attend GATE Exam 2018, knows that why gate exam is so popular. At present, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE Score Card to shortlist The candidates for their recruitment process. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for GATE Online Application. Before apply online, register yourself on GOAPS Portal. Registrations for GATE Entrance Exam 2018 will be available till 05.10.2018. Participants note that the GATE 2018 score card is valid for only 03 Years from the date of announcement of the examination results. More detail What is GATE 2018 Fees? GATE 2018 Important Dates, GATE 2018 Official Website, GATE 2018 Syllabus, eligibility for GATE 2018, GOAPS 2018 Portal?, Why GATE Score for Recruitments?, How do I Download GATE Papers, GATE Exam 2018 Instructions, GATE 2018 Syllabus and What is GATE 2018 Exam Dates?
GATE 2018 Entrance Test: Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering is a popular entrance exam around the country. Every year, a huge ratio of students participates in this test to get admission into Engineering/Technology/Architecture higher study.
GATE 2018 Registration: Instructions For GATE Entrance Exam 2018:-
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati is the organizing institute of GATE 2018 Entrance Exam / Test.
- GATE Entrance Test 2018 will be conducted on 23 subjects.
- GATE Entrance Examination for all the 23 subjects (papers) will be conducted as Online Computer Based Test (CBT).
- A candidate can appear only in any one paper of the GATE 2018 Examination.
- GATE Entrance Test 2018 will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th of February 2018.
- GATE Examination 2018 will be held in multiple sessions for some papers. Candidates can appear for the examination in one session only, as per GATE 2018 Notification.
- Exact details of the complete examination schedule will be notified later on the GATE 2018 website at www.gate.iitg.ac.in.
- Candidates have to register and fill the gate entrance exam application form via GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). GATE 2018 Online Application link is available on the official site.
- Candidates do not need to send any hard copy of application form and documents after successful registration.
- GATE 2018 Fees payment is through electronic mode.
- GATE Exam Admit Card 2018 would be available only on GOAPS website. Offline admit cards of GATE 2018 will not be generated by the Exam Organization IIT Guwahati.
- Participants have to appear at the GATE 2018 Examination Centre on the date and time specified in the GATE Admit Card 2018.
GATE 2018: Important Dates For GATE Entrance Examination:-
If you want to participate in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018, know the GATE Online Application / Registration and GATE 2018 Exam Dates. Important dates related to Gate 2018 entrance test is given below.
|GATE Online Application Processing System
(GOAPS) Website Opens
|01st September 2017||Friday|
|Last Date for Submission of (Online) Application
|05th October 2017||Thursday|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination
City (an additional fee will be applicable)
|17th November 2017||Friday|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online
Application Portal (for printing)
|05th January 2018||Friday|
|GATE 2018 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
|03rd February 2018
04th February 2018
10th February 2018
11th February 2018
|Announcement of the Results in the Online
|17th March 2018||Saturday|
GATE Entrance Exam 2018: Eligibility Criteria For GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2018 (No age limit):-
Before starts registration or filing GATE 2018 Online Application form, be ensure that you have or not required educational eligibility criteria of GATE 2018. Please check the detailed gate entrance exam eligibility criteria table details below.
Degree For GATE 2018
|Qualifying Degree / Examination For GATE 2018 Application Form||Description of
not later than
|Bachelor’s degree holders in
Engineering/Technology (4 years
after 10+2 or
3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in
|Currently in the final
year or already
|B. Arch||Bachelor’s degree holders of
Architecture (5 years course)
|Currently in the final
year or already
|Bachelor’s degree in Science
(Post-Diploma/4 years after
|Currently in the 4th
year or already
|Master’s degree in any branch of
Computer Applications or
|Currently in the final
year or already
|Post-BSc Integrated Master’s
degree programs in
Engineering/Technology (4 years
|Currently in the 2nd/
3rd/4th year or already
M.Tech. or Dual
|Integrated Master’s degree
program or Dual Degree program
in Engineering/Technology (5
|Currently in the
4th/5th year or already
|Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years
integrated B.S.-M.S. program
|Currently in the final
year or already
examinations of Professional
Societies, recognized by
AMIE by Institution of
Engineers-India, AMICE by the
Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
|Completed Section A
or the equivalent of such
Education Qualification For Foreign Students:
All the candidates, who have obtained or pursuing their degree from our of India must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s
degree (duration: at least 4 years) in Engineering/Technology or; ii) must have completed or are
in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration: at least 2 years) in any
relevant subjects in science can apply for GATE Entrance Exam 2018.
GATE Entrance Exam 2018: Documents Required in Support of Eligibility (Eligibility Documents)
- All those, who have passed out qualifying examination in 2017 or earlier, will have to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate/course completion certificate/professional certificate/membership certificate issued by the institute or society at the time of filling GATE 2018 Application Form.
The candidates have not the required qualification and expected to complete this year, will have to upload a Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute or a copy of mark sheet for Section A of AMIE.
This certificate must mandatorily have the signature and seal of the Head of Institute/Department with the current date.
GATE Papers: List of GATE Exam 2018 Papers and Corresponding Codes
GATE Exam 2018 & Paper Detail:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 will be conducted on 23 subjects. Candidates can also check here a list of papers and paper code for gate entrance exam 2018. A candidate will be allowed only in one paper in any session. GATE 2018 Syllabus for 23 Subjects is available here. After submission of gate application form, any changes of paper is not permitted.
List of GATE 2018 Papers and Corresponding Codes:
Note: XE (Engineering Sciences) and XL (Life Sciences) papers are of general nature and will be comprised of Sections listed in the above table.
CE, CS, EC, EE and ME papers: Examination may be conducted in multiple sessions. However, a candidate is allowed to appear in only ONE specified session.
GATE 2018 Examination Cities: Zone-Wise Examination Cities List For GATE Entrance Test 2018:-
Here is a list of GATE entrance exam 2018 cities, where the GATE 2018 is planned to hold. Must check the Zone-wise Examination Cities List for GATE 2018 Entrance Examination and select your preferences.
|Zonal GATE Office||List of GATE 2018 Examination Cities/Towns|
Bengaluru – 560012
|Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Ballari (Bellary), Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru, Bidar, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru (Mysore), Palakkad, Payyanur, Port Blair, Shivamogga (Shimoga), Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara|
Powai, Mumbai – 400076
|Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Baramati, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kankavli, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara|
|3.||IIT Delhi, HauzKhas,
New Delhi – 110 016 Website: http://gate.iitd.ac.in/
|Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh-Rohtak, Bikaner, Faridabad, Greater NOIDA, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Palwal, Samba, Sikar, Udaipur, Ujjain|
|4.||IIT Guwahati Guwahati – 781 039
|Agartala, Asansol-Durgapur, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur|
|5.||IIT Kanpur Kanpur – 208 016
|Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|6.||IIT Kharagpur Kharagpur – 721 302 Website: http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/||Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kakinada (Surampalem), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|7.||IIT Madras Chennai – 600 036
|Alappuzha, Aluva, Attingal, Bapatla, Chengannur, Chennai, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode, Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Nalgonda, Namakkal, Nedumangad, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvannamalai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tuticorin, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal|
|8.||IIT Roorkee Roorkee – 247 667 Website: http://www.iitr.ac.in/gate/||Ambala, Amritsar, Baddi (HP), Bathinda, Bhimtal, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani, Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar, Khanna, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, NOIDA, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala, Roorkee, Sangrur, Shimla-Solan, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar|
|Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh),
Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore
Choice Of Examination City For Engineering Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) 2018:
The candidates who are going to apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018, can choose 3 cities from the list of gate 2018 examination cities.
Please note that The first and second choices must be from the same GATE zone and the third choice can be from any GATE zone.
GATE Entrance Exam 2018 Registrations can be done through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Online application for gate entrance exam 2018 available at GOAPS website http://appsgate.iitg.ac.in. After submission gate, online application, pay the prescribed application fee. At the time of registration process, you have to enter your one of valid ID Card Numbers like Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License.
The candidates who do not possess any of these identity cards may please procure any one of them before making the application.
Enter the Following Details For GATE 2018 Registration Form:
- Name of Candidate: Enter your Name exactly as it appears/will appear in the qualifying degree certificate.
- Email Address: Enter your email address which will be used for communications from GATE 2018.
- Confirm Email Address: Re-enter your Email Address.
- Country of Residence: Choose India or Other.
- Mobile Number Enter Your Permanent Mobile Number.
- Password: Choose a password as per the specification was given.
- Confirm Password: Re-enter the chosen Password.
- Captcha Code: Enter right Captcha code and Press Submit button.
- If your entered details are correct, then you will be seeing a message just like “Thank you for registering for GATE 2018. SMS and Email containing your Enrollment ID have been sent to you. You need to remember this ID for all GATE 2018 related communications/website operations”.
What After Successful Registration For GATE Entrance Exam 2018?
After successful registration for gate entrance test 2018, a login page will open automatically. You have to enter your Enrollment ID / Email Address and Correct Password details in this.
You will be seeking a message: “Before starting the GATE 2018 application, please ensure that you have gone through the GATE 2018 information brochure and have the documents/data required for filling the application”.
Tick marks on “ I hereby declare that I have read the GATE 2018 information brochure and am ready to make the application”.
Click on “GATE 2018 Online Application Process”
Finally, you will be redirected to Online Application Form. Fill the following details correctly:
- GATE 2018 Exam Details:
2. Applicant’s Personal Details
3. Correspondence Address
4. Qualifying Degree Details
5. Upload Documents
Read declaration form and proceed to next.
Click on Save and view application. Recheck filled details correctly. If all ok, press the Submit and Proceed to Payment.
GATE 2018 Application Fee
Details of the GATE Online Application Fee 2018 is given below. Once fee paid by the candidates, neither refundable nor transferable. Candidates, who have interested in Gate entrance examination 2018, make the application fee payment online using either net banking or debit card or credit card. As per GATE 2018 Notification, additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applied. All the charges also specified on the payment portal at GATE GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) 2018.
Details of Application Fee For GATE 2018 Entrance Exam:
|For Examination Centers in India|
|Female candidates||Rs. 750
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||Rs. 750
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100|
GATE 2018: Download GATE Entrance Exam Admit Card 2018:-
Registered applicants will have to download Admit Card for GATE 2018 Entrance Examination. GATE Admit Card 2018 for entrance test will be available only on GOAPS website. Candidates can be download or print gate exam call letter from the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). To download exam hall ticket, enter GATE 2018 Registration Number and GATE 2018 Login password.
GATE Entrance Exam 2018 Admission Letter’s which is your Admit Card / Hall Ticket will be available from 05th January 2018.
Note that the Admit Cards will not be sent to the candidates by post/e-mail.
At the time of entry in the gate 2018 examination hall, the representative of GATE Entrance Examination 2018, will check your ID Proof and downloaded admit card copy of gate exam 2018.
Before starting the preparation of gate 2018, check complete information. To crack gate entrance exam, check the right pattern of questions, marks and marking details, question design, post-examination related information, gate score, gate entrance test for international centers, frequently asked by the candidates on GATE Exam 2018. Read below.
Final Words: If you have any query and question related to GATE 2018 Registrations, GATE Entrance Examination, GATE Entrance Exam Admit Card 2018 or in another topic, please write in comment section. Remember, the last date of submission gate entrance exam application form is 05th October 2017.